Thursday, February 7, 2013

VALENTINESY-WINTERY-SWEATERY GOODNESS

All this talk about the impending snow storm is making me anxious. But that doesn't mean my nails shouldn't be decked out in some snug little sweaters of their own!

Well, not literally


~
This week I picked up Zoya Haley, a gorgeous red polish that has strong orange undertones. It might even be my favorite red (to be fair, I say that about nearly every polish these days). Seriously though, this red is awesome. It seems to be more of a jelly polish than a creme, and applies as such. You'll definitely need 2 coats, possibly a third. But it's worth the effort, because when you're finished your nails are going to practically GLOW.

It's hard to show the true tone of this color in photos, but I did my best.

(no topcoat, and pre-clean up in this photo!!)

Then, I got down the business and stamped the heck out'a my nails using an image from my nailzcraze stamping plate...




 Being the klutz that I am, I managed to slice my thumb open between painting and stamping my nails. Since nothing says Valentine's Day quite like the cutest couple ever, Minnie and Mickey, that played a big part in the band-aid I selected for the wound. Pretty damned adorable, if you ask me. 


Anyway, my nails totally look like they're wearing sweaters, right? ..Right?! 


The silver I used for the stamping is Silver Sweep, one of the Insta-dry polishes from Sally Hansen. It's p-e-r-f-e-c-t for stamping. Seriously. Stamping has never been as easy for me as it was with this polish!

Since this is the second post in a row where I've stamped my nails, so here's a quick crash course in how to stamp your own nails. 
(You'll need a Konad (or simmilar) stamping kit!)



So there you have it. Obviously I'm just pretending to stamp my nails in those photos, but you can get the general idea. It's important to be quick when stamping, because as the polish starts to dry it'll be come harder to transfer the entire image to your nail!



 I applied a thick layer of top coat, and my nails are glistenin' like snow. 


Awwyea, I sure love this manicure. Hopefully it'll make the snow storm more tolerable this weekend. Hopefully.


tschus!

No comments:

Post a Comment