Friday, January 25, 2013

PURPLE STAMPED OMBRE!! YAY!

Everytime I've seen an ombre manicure in the past, I've looked admiringly and thought to myself, "one day, one day..."

..WELL..

That day has finally come, and it is glorious! Being the lover of purple that I am, I have more purple polish than I know that to do with, and finally decided it was time to put them to use in an ombre

left to right: essie devil's advocate, zoya mimi, china glaze no plain jane, opi planks a lot, and essie lilacism

SIGH

It's so gorgeous, isn't it!? 

Devil's Advocate is a deep, deep purple. It almost looks black, and also leans a little bit into the maroon family. Mimi is packed full of purple glitter, and in the right lighting will flash other colors, too. No Plain Jane is probably my all time, hands down, no competition FAVORITE nail polish, ever. It's a duo-chrome meaning that it color shifts depending on the angle and lighting. In this case, the colors are a rich shimmery purple and chocolate brown. The particular shade of this purple is amazing. I was never a big fan of shimmer, I was a all-out-glitter or nothing type'a girl. Until this polish! Planks A Lot is a perfect purple, too. I would describe it as 'classic' purple. And Lilacism, is exactly that- lilac! 
Seriously, I could go on and on about each one of these purples but I'll stop there.


Anyway, when I was done, I stamped on the lovely design, from my nailzcraze stamping plate, with China Glaze Awaken. It's an excellent polish to use for stamping, it's very opaque and just the right consistency. 


 
pssst- you can see the hints of brown in No Plain Jane in this photo!


& Since my thumb was hiding in all of the pictures, here's a close up. Check out that design!!


Ahhh, well that's all for now, I've got loads of new polish and plenty of ideas, so check back soon!

tschüs!!

1 comment: