Monday, January 14, 2013

INSPIRED BY THE KING HIMSELF

Holographic nail polish is definitely among my favorite types of polish because, seriously, what's not to love? 


This is Color Club's Harp On It, from their line of holographic polishes, and I seriously cannot say enough good things about it. (I also have another polish from this line, Angel Kiss, which is a blue/turquoise holo) 
This polish is truly hologasmic
Check out that impossible-to-ignore linear holo. And unlike some other holographic polishes, this one does not need any sort of special base coat and it applies like the a dream. There's no horribly annoying streaking, and it more or less applies like any other creme polish. The best part, is that a top coat (yes, even seche vite) won't dull the holographic awesomeness of this polish. It wears well for several days and is practically blinding in the sun. Prepare yourself for a whirl-wind of compliments when this polish is on your fingertips! 


After painting my nails, I remembered that Elvis' birthday passed on the 8th, and that inspired me to do some gold stamping. For this, I used my Konad stamper and a design from plate S6. The gold is another Color Club polish, Disco Nap. I got this polish from a monthly beauty sample subscription box (what a mouth full) and it's really starting to grow on me. And, it's just the right consistency to use for stamping. Some polishes are too thin, or aren't opaque enough to make a design pop.

 

As you can see, I was inspired by the suit this adorable little Playmobil Elvis doll is wearing. It's very reminiscent of the suits he wore when he played shows in Vegas. 


Happy Belated, Elvis! You're still the king.



tschüs!

No comments:

Post a Comment